Does working 4 days a week but with FULL pay sound like a dream?!*
It doesn't have to be! Have a better work/life balance and come and work for Outcomes First Group!
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Willow Park School, Milton Keynes
Salary: up to £53,200 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Contract: Permanent; 52 weeks per year
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
Are you an experienced clinician excited to work during times of transformative change? Are you experienced, or have a keen interest, in working with the challenges associated with neurodiversity (Autism, ADHD), complex and developmental trauma and complex needs? Do you want to help create a nationally important resource with the substantial backing of one of the leading providers of education and care for young people with SEN?
If so, we have the role for you! We’re looking for an experienced practitioner to join us at our brand-new school based in Milton Keynes, as our Specialist Speech and Language Therapist.
Based at Willow Park School and working across the hub of education and residential services, the post holder will progress the SALT specific therapeutic services where the needs of the pupils vary in levels of functioning, many with a diagnosis of autism as well as associated needs such as complex and developmental trauma. Needs are complex and require a systemic and formulation-based approach.
You will be a part of a multi-disciplinary well-being and therapeutic services team which is required to meet the needs of the pupils. The team includes Speech and Language Therapy, Psychotherapists, Occupational Therapy and other appropriate professionals and services. Someone with a holistic and integrated approach to care, education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
About the school
Willow Park School is a brand new 55 place SEN school for pupils with complex needs including SEMH and Autism. A co-educational provision with entry from 9 years to 16 years old. Willow Park School is an exciting addition to the Acorn portfolio based in Milton Keynes. Willow Park School is proposed to open in September 2023.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced practitioner who has a clear vision of what outstanding therapeutic services look like. You would need to demonstrate drive, motivation and resilience, and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and build consensus.
- Recognised and relevant Speech and Language degree
- Relevant post-qualification SALT experience working as a Therapist, including post qualification working with the specific client group or related field.
- Experience of representing speech and language therapy in the context of multi-disciplinary post qualification working and multi-agency treatment and care
- Experience of reviewing and developing therapy standards, policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a range of settings e.g., CAHMS, LD
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision of other SALT’s
- Experience of undertaking appraisal and supervision of less experienced staff
- Experience of audit and research
- Experience of working with the specific client group, children and /or adults (service specific)
Why work for us?
Alongside working with a network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection and practice development, Outcomes First Group offer an array of flexible benefit options.
- Training: A full induction, in-house training from our highly qualified clinical colleagues and access to our in-house training platform with thousands of courses
- Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more
- Clinical Development: £2000 to spend on continuous professional development.
- Flexible benefits: meaning you can increase/decrease benefits, such as life insurance
- Wellbeing: “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks and work 4 days but be paid for 5 so you have a better work/life balance* *Subject to T&C’s
- Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment and a host of high-street discounts
- Shopping so you can get discounts on brands in the UK and abroad
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £1,000 bonus every time
- 4 day working week, paid for 5 - T&C's Apply
If you have any further questions regarding how to apply or arrange a visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Job ID 223057