How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Due to growth in service we are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join us at Parkside House School part of Acorn Education and Care and start working towards yours.
Salary: £18,832.35 per annum (not pro rata)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Parkside House School is an Independent Special School, approved for pupils with Special Education Needs by the Department for Education. Our school aims to provide a high-quality education package to pupils who have difficulties in relating to education or others within a mainstream setting.
The school is registered to accommodate 35 pupils from 10 – 18 years; we specialise in teaching pupils with Emotional, Social and Behavioural needs, and with other associated learning and cognitive difficulties.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each pupil’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable, and understanding
Following the expansion of Parkside House School, we are seeking to employ a hardworking and resilient individual to work as a Learning Support Assistant supporting pupils with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and moderate learning difficulties (MLD). The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated team and provide high quality assistance for our pupils in order to maximise each and every pupil’s potential. We accept applicants with relevant experience in a similar role ideally supporting pupils with autism, we accept applicants with relevant backgrounds such as mainstream education, working in the care sector and nursing care.
Enjoy a rewarding education career and have a real impact on pupil’s lives. Join an amazing team making our schools and classrooms supportive, enriching places where vulnerable pupils and young people achieve far more than they ever expected.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will connect directly with the brilliant pupils and young people we care for, helping to make sure they get the very best from their education.
- Support pupils to access education in an environment tailored to their specific needs
- Build strong trustworthy relationships with all pupils and be able to provide a high level of intensive emotional support to specific pupils in and outside the classroom.
- To support all Teaching Staff provide learning activities for individuals/groups of pupils.
- To Provide 1:1 support for pupils when necessary.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with families, carers and professionals
- To address and support pupils displaying inappropriate behaviours.
Who we are looking for
- Recent relevant experience in a similar role, ideally supporting pupils with autism, we accept applicants with relevant backgrounds such as mainstream education/ care/nursing care.
- Possess vital transferrable skills required to be able to support pupils with autism, including patience, resilience, confidence, and a calm and nurturing approach.
- Be able to assist learning on a 1:1 or a group basis – depending on the requirement.
- Have experience of handling challenging behaviour effectively
- Be an effective team player
- Be self-motivated and display initiative within the workplace and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Our schools are built on great teamwork and mutual support. If you enjoy working as part of a dedicated team, sharing knowledge, experience and learning, simply fill in our safeguarding-compliant application form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Why Join Acorn Education and Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
#Education #Pupilcare #OutdoorActivities #School #Tutor #learningsupportassistant #LSA
You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.