How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Become a Student Support Mentor at The Grange Therapeutic School part of Acorn Education and Care and start working towards yours.
- £19,836.74 per annum (Pre-tax take home salary, not pro rata)
- 39.5 hours per week; Mon to Thu 8.30am–4.30pm / Fri 8.30am–4.00pm
- Permanent; Term Time Only
- September 2023 start date
To support the pupils in and out of classes and at an 8-18 co-educational SEMH special school. Every day is different, and you will be supporting pupils in classrooms, around our school site and also on activities and trips as well as with vocational learning. It is the aim that every member of staff should have a positive impact on the lives of the pupils in our care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support pupils in lessons and around our school grounds
- To support pupils with activities on and offsite
- To support teachers and instructors in the delivery of lessons and activities.
- To be a part of promoting safeguarding and pupil welfare which is incumbent on all staff.
- Managing and recording behaviour where appropriate.
- Upkeep of the classroom environment including displays.
- Liaising with tutors and family support.
- Supporting behaviour management and student welfare – working 1:1 or in small groups when required.
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with role as directed by the Principal or their representative.
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 8 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our school is based in a Victorian country house near Oakham with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals. Behaviour is currently rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
We need hardworking, child centred staff who are resilient and willing to go the extra mile. In return we offer significant investment in your professional development, a supportive staff group and opportunities for progression.
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. We welcome staff who share our commitment to help pupils experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Education and Care is part of the Outcomes First Group.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.