Everyone deserves an incredible future - become a Residential Care Team Leader with Options Autism and continue to build yours!
Role: Residential Care Team Leader
Location: Rhaullt, Denbinghsire
Salary: £22,880 per annum (£11.00 per hour)
Hours: 40 hours per week - 1 day on 2 days off, average of 10 shifts per month (including weekends)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Are you an experienced Support Worker, Deputy Team Leader or Team Leader now seeking a new challenge? If so we have an opportunity for you!
About the Home:
Options Llys y Delyn offers integrated residential, education and care package for adults between 18 - 65 years, with a wide range of complex needs, including; autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, dyspraxia and ADHD. As well as impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties. This home is based in Rhault, Denbingshire and is within commuting distance from Prestatyn, Holywell, Flint, Chester and surrounds.
Key Skills Required:
- Hold Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) or equivalent
- Relevant experience of working with adults with autistic spectrum disorders, trauma and/or challenging behaviour
- Experience of supervising and appraising staff
- Effective leadership skills and ability to motivate a team
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Good IT skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence
About the Role:
As a Team Leader this key position has responsibility for supervising and motivating a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality care and support to the adults.
This role is offered on a full-time basis, working 7am – 11pm on a one on two of shift basis.
Your day to day duties as a Team Leader will involve:
- Participating in the rota for care of adults as part of the care team and to undertake a number of tasks including: personal care, organising and participating in appropriate activities, domestic duties to include laundry, cooking and shopping and to transport the adults to appointments and activities.
- Supporting and supervising the adults with the implementation of life skills, key skills and independence skills and leisure in their home and community.
- Safeguard all adults and ensure their safety and wellbeing needs are being met.
- Undertake agreed delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis in support of the line manager, for example supervisions, annual appraisals, probation reviews and return to work meetings.
- Lead and supervision staff on shift to ensure that they carry out their duties and behave appropriately at all times.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Up to 39 days annual leave each year (25 base entitlement + 1 One moment in time + 8 bank holidays + ability to buy up to 5 extra days)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
Please apply online now or call 01745 562500 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.