Everyone deserves an incredible future – join Options Autism as a Deputy Manager and continue working towards yours!
Role: Deputy Manager
Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale.
Salary: £29,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCP/statement of special educational needs. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
About the Group
We are part of Options Autism and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
We are looking for a Deputy Manager who will achieve the highest standards of care for the young people in our care who have challenging and complex needs.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes.
You will be a responsible, friendly, and an organised person who has a passion for caring and providing an excellent nursing service to the children and young people in our care.
- Responsible for the safe and effective running of the care home
- Dealing with both internal and external professionals and parents / carers and attending meetings when required
- Diploma L3/5 in Health and Social Care or willingness to achieve
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferably within a care setting in the past 5 years, at a standard assessed as ‘competent’ in all aspects of the job
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Compassionate – good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with young people along with other staff remaining sensitive and empathetic
- Intuitive and caring nature
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the young people
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson, Office Manager on 015242 71569.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Up to 39 days annual leave each year (25 base entitlement + 1 One moment in time + 8 bank holidays + ability to buy up to 5 extra days)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Care assistant/ Support worker/ Children’s care worker/ Nights/ Team Leader/ Children development /Working with children/ Autism