Kitchen Assistant Apprentice
Job title: Kitchen Assistant Apprentice
Location: Bramfield House School, Halesworth, Suffolk
Salary: £8,000 per annum
Hours: 20 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have an opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant Apprentice to join our close-knit team at Bramfield House School.
Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours, located in rural Suffolk. The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
This opportunity is in Halesworth which is within commutable distance of Lowestoft, Diss and surrounding areas.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
About the Role
To support the kitchen to prepare and serve break time refreshments throughout the day, support with the preparation of lunches for staff and young people at the school. To complete basic fresh food preparation to support the kitchen and to serve and clear up lunchtime foods.
- To prepare fresh fruit and vegetable for cooking
- To serve break time/ lunchtime drinks and snacks/ food to young people and staff
- To ensure that the cook has adequate supplies of fresh produce for the kitchen
- To assist in the simple preparation of foods within the kitchen such as the salad bar, chopping washing and preparing salads.
- Serve food at lunchtimes
- Supporting young people to make healthy choices for lunch
- Store food correctly in line with food hygiene rules
- Transport food
- Clear up lunchtimes , wash dishes put dishes away store food and other associated items safely
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
- £8,000 per annum
- 20 hours per week
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.