Maintenance Team Member
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Barton School, Barton upon Humber
Salary: £20,246 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week; Mon – Fri 8.30am – 4.30pm (and some on call duties as part of a rota)
Can you work flexibly to enrich the lives of young people as a Maintenance Technician?
We are looking for responsible, caring people to join our fantastic team at Barton School as a Maintenance Technician.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our fantastic team at Barton School. Working as Maintenance Technician you will support Options Barton School and its residential homes on site to maintain buildings and equipment to the high standards set by the company and external regulators. This role will require you to be adaptable and flexible as the jobs dictate your day. You will also have the ability to keep up to date written records alongside liaising with external professionals.
You will have an understanding of the needs of children with Autism and their behaviours. Have an awareness and empathy with the Service Users for whom the service is provided and to carry out duties mindful of their needs.
- General repair works to damaged fixtures and fittings
- Basic building works and carpentry repairs
- Ground maintenance and gardening
- Basic plumbing repairs and renewals
- Experience of General Maintenance/DIY
- Knowledge of working to strict Health and Safety Guidelines
- Flexible and able to prioritise
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to completing day to day tasks effectively and timely
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence and be prepared to drive as part of the job
Options Barton is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose-built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. We provide care to children and young people with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties. Based in Barton Upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, we are within easy reach of Barton, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Hull and surrounding towns.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.