Job Title: Therapies Assistant
Location: Wenlock School-Dudley
Salary: up to £21,000
Hours: Mon to Friday 08.00 – 16.00
Contract: Permanent, term time only 39 weeks
About the role:
Due to a recent expansion, we are looking for Therapies Assistants to join our Clinical Hub working as a key integrated members of our local clinical and education teams in specialist schools, nurseries and colleges based in and around West London. In these new roles, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of high quality educational and clinical provision in either our Early Years/KS1 provisions, Hillingdon Manor School, or our new 19-25 vocational and college provisions.
You will work with both the Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy teams to support autistic children, young people or adults with associated needs such as ADHD, social communication difficulties, sensory processing needs and trauma within these educational settings.
Our well-established Clinical Team, maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Therapies Assistant who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: About Us - OFG Group Group (outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk)
Location: Wenlock School Dudley, West Midlands DY1 3SB
The Wenlock School opened in September 2018. We are a co-educational day school catering for pupils aged 7-18 with a range of complex needs including a range of social, emotional and mental health needs and also pupils who have been diagnosed with autism or demonstrate behaviours associated with autism
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes including English at Grade C and above
- Evidence of relevant post 16 education
- Willingness to work towards further qualifications as required
- Experience of group and/or individual therapy contact
- Experience of paid or voluntary work in a child special needs setting and/or work with young people or adults with complex needs / behaviours that may challenge or mental health needs.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and cope with multiple demands
- Knowledge of IT systems
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be, and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
Benefits and Rewards - We offer a market-leading Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, which enables you to adjust your benefits to suit your circumstances.
- An unrivalled core induction, local induction, and a dedicated buddy, who will be there to support you from day one
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- Employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: email@example.com
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.