House Manager maternity cover
Everyone deserves an incredible future - become a House Manager with Options Autism and continue working towards yours!
Role: House Manager
Salary: £29,000.00 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week over 7 days
Location: Barton School (Residential Site), Barton-Upon-Humber, Lincolnshire
Contract: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
Through an innovative and person-centred approach, you will undertake management of the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH service. As an effective manager, you will also ensure the highest quality of Therapeutic care and support is provided to all children whilst also leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally between 9 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends).
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to all our children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Supervising a team of Residential Care Workers and Team Leaders to include recruitment, mentoring, guidance, appraisals and induction.
- Completing regular reviews of support plans in line with individual needs, statutory guidelines and company policies.
- Providing strategic development of services to ensure best practice, continuous improvement and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
Options Barton School is a specialist 38 bed registered Children’s home and school. We support Children and Young People from the ages of 8 - 19 build incredible futures by giving them opportunities, developing their life skills and personal interests.
This home is based in Barton-upon-Humber and is within commuting distance from Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Doncaster, Hull and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Why Work for Options Autism?
We want our residents to have the best care possible, and therefore strive to look after our employees to make this possible. You’ll get an exceptional reward package that includes:
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Up to 39 days annual leave each year (25 base entitlement + 1 One moment in time + 8 bank holidays + ability to buy up to 5 extra days)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
Plus, outstanding development and support starting with our award-winning induction programme, to supporting you with specialist qualifications and best in class management development and hi potential programmes, so you can flourish and develop your full potential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.