Teaching Assistant - Assessment Centre
Job Title: Teaching Assistant - Assessment Centre
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Salary: £20,000 - £23,500 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Are you a Teaching Assistant committed to improving the lives of children and young people? This would be a good opportunity for somebody who wants to develop and become a HLTA or even find a route into teaching. This role is based at our Assessment Centre in Shrewsbury.
- Provide comprehensive, professional and tailored support to teachers to assist pupils with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom environment within a specialist assessment centre for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
- Provide adaptable and flexible communications styles based on individual pupils needs in order to achieve sustained progress.
Smallbrook School is a specialist SEMH provision set in the heart of the Shropshire countryside and are specialists in reengaging the young people who join our family with their education.
Our school has facilities for and can accommodate up to 50 students. Our class sizes are a maximum of four students but are mostly less.
Smallbrook School has a range of learning, emotional and behavioural difficulties which require a significantly higher level of support. The education we provide gives our young people the experience of achievement as well as the qualifications they need to get on in the world.
The school promotes a safe and supportive learning environment in which pupils are valued and can clearly see our high expectations of them. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.