Auxiliary Site Support
Job title: Auxilary Site Support
Salary: £5,400 per annum
Location: Wessex Lodge School
Hours: 10 hours per week
We are delighted to have the opportunity for an experienced Auxiliary Site Support to join our friendly and dynamic team at Wessex Lodge School.
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the school
- The school cleaner will perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by their supervisor/line manager
Wessex Lodge School comprises of three main sites: Wessex Lodge School, the main school where classroom-based activities take place; The Arc, which is mainly for the younger children and Triskele Farm, an alternative provision which is Care farm around 20 minutes’ drive from the main site.
We have grown to support 40 students, aged 8-18. The majority of these students are day placements. Each student has individual needs based on developmental challenges, Social Emotional Mental Health difficulties or Autism. We support them using individual plans and the THRIVE approach.
- Some knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations as they relate to the operation of cleaning equipment and the dilution of cleaning materials.
- Knowledge of COSSH and the safe use of chemicals.
- Knowledge of cleaning best practises.
Experience of undertaking a range of cleaning duties such as:
- Disposing of waste
- Replenishing consumables
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
- Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Being physically capable
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
- £5,400 per annum
- 10 hours per week
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.