HLTA - Independent Living Skills Lead
Job Title: Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Independent Living Skills Lead
Location: Kinsale School, Holywell, Flintshire
Salary: £20,250 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Are you a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic team at Kinsale School in Holywell. As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, you will work with a small group of students with very complex needs, communication difficulties and behaviours that challenge. You will be responsible for planning and delivering Independent Living Skills sessions to students across the school. We are therefore looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and resilient individual who can additionally represent and mentor other Teaching Assistants within our team.
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a relevant teaching, education or subject specific qualification (HNC/HLTA/PCET)
- Experience of working with autistic spectrum condition, communication difficulties, and/or behaviours that challenge
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to deal with complex behaviours that challenge
- Willingness to work towards further qualifications as required
Kinsale is located in a stunning rural location, overlooking the Dee Estuary. Our school provides specialist education and care for up to 25 students, aged 8 – 19 having a range of complex needs including ASC and ADHD, in addition to impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.