Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Become a Teaching Assistant Apprentice at Longdon Park School part of Optons Autism and start working towards yours.
Longdon Park School opened in June 2015. We are a co-educational day school catering for pupils aged 7 to 18 with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviour primarily with a diagnosis of ASD. We provide a therapeutic, supportive and inclusive learning environment where our young people learn to accept responsibility for their actions, make positive decisions and display pro-social behaviour. We are committed to raising achievement and enabling pupils to recognise their potential and supporting them through a personalised, engaging curriculum. Our priority is to develop the foundation knowledge and skills required to make a manageable and smooth transition to the next life stage.
Longdon Park School is not readily accessible by public transport.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join Longdon Park School to complete a recognised Teaching Assistant Level 3 Qualification whilst also learning to work within a school environment and have a real impact on Children’s lives. Join an amazing team making our schools and classrooms supportive, enriching places where vulnerable children and young people achieve far more than they ever expected.
Learners will build an advanced understanding of how to provide quality teaching and how to influence and support learners. Some of the areas of development include:
- Contributing to the implementation of learning activities
- Evaluating the performance of lesson plans and how to improve for the future
- Working independently in teaching group and individual activities
- Working in partnership with teachers to help support and deliver lesson plans and objectives
Longdon Park School will support you through your qualification alongside Busy Bees Training Provider and you will have a dedicated mentor within school.
If you cannot provide certificates for Maths and English, you will be asked to complete your Functional Skills Maths and English as part of the apprenticeship.
You will be expected to do some ‘off-the-job (OJT) training, and you will be asked to do 20% of your contracted working hours undertaking this training. Your OJT must be relevant to the apprenticeship standard and will be supported by our school to provide you with new knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the role.
Why join Options Autism?
- £16,725 per annum (We pay our apprentices £10 per hour)
- 37.5 hours per week
- Term Time Only
- Fixed Term Contract - 18 to 24 months with the intention to go permanent after completion
- Fully Funded Apprenticeship
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
#Education #Childcare #School #Tutor #Learning #Apprenticeship #Teachingassistant #specialeducation