Job Title: Mentor Manager
Location: Waterloo Lodge School, Chorley
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent; term-time only
Are you a Mentor Manager committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an experienced Mentor Manager to join our fantastic team at Waterloo Lodge School.
The successful candidate for this new role will ensure that pupils are supported to maintain high levels of attendance and behaviour in school. You will have experience in a management role within in a SEN school and have knowledge of how barriers to learning can be overcome.
It is essential that you can inspire and lead a team and can demonstrate both excellent interpersonal skills and emotional resilience.
Overall Purpose of the Position
- To ensure that pupils are appropriately supported to maintain high levels of attendance and behaviour in school
- To ensure that pupils have appropriate early intervention support to enable them to make academic progress
- To ensure that the Mentor Team are suitably trained and deployed to support pupils during the school day
- To foster good and productive relationships between Waterloo Lodge School and the parents/carers of its pupils
Already experienced in an SEN or mainstream education environment and educated to degree level in a relevant subject or Level 5 Leadership and Management Qualification – or willingness to work towards and Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT, you will be forward thinking, engaging, resilient, and have an innovative style of mentoring, motivated by supporting families and helping every child to reach their potential.
Waterloo Lodge is an Independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18, catering for children with a wide range of needs in Lancashire, Manchester and surrounding areas. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them academically and socially, to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
Interview date will be 15th July 2022
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.