Job role: SEN Class Teacher
Salary: £25,000- £42,000 per annum
Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale, LA6 2DZ
Hours: Monday to Friday
Visits to Underley Garden School are Welcome to all applicants!
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a SEN Class Teacher to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCPs. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career. We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally.
Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish.
It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'. We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
Underley Garden seeks an enthusiastic teacher who can inspire children with complex and severe learning needs across their personalised curriculum. Our pupils need engaging, creative, practical learning so teachers need the ability to thrive in a flexible curriculum structure and fully utilise our facilities to offer personalised programmes.
Our SEN Class Teachers are required to run a child lead classroom and adapt their plans to the individual children. Teachers at UG are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons and learning activities which promote learning and show progress against their individual learning outcomes.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes. You will be a responsible, friendly, and an organised person who has a passion for teaching and providing an excellent service to the children and young people in our care.
- Qualified to degree level
- Sen Experience
- A deeply held conviction that every child can achieve and reach their potential;
- The belief that all children deserve a life of choice and opportunity;
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced extremely environment;
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all children;
- Excellent classroom practitioner;
- Excellent team player;
- Ability to work successfully with pupils with challenging behaviour;
- High expectations of others;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Willing to undertake training.
- Qualified with QTS
- Experience of working with young people from challenging backgrounds;
- Evidence of continually improving the outcomes of pupils;
- The courage and conviction to make a difference;
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively;
- Constant deep reflection which leads to personal growth and better pupil outcomes;
- Sustain energy, optimism and motivation in the face of pressure and setbacks;
- Stay calm in difficult situations and maintain clarity of vision;
- Support the team and be aware of others’ levels of resilience in different situations;
- Driving Licence;
- Commitment to on-going improvement and learning;
- Evidence of ability to plan strategically.
Why join Options Autism?
- £25,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday
- Term Time Only
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk. The School reserves the right to interview and/or make an appointment before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson, Office Manager on 015242 71569. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable young people.