Senior Occupational Therapist
Job Title: Senior Occupational Therapist
Salary: £34,000 - £45,000 pro rata, per annum
Hours: 38.5 per week
Contract: Permanent, term time only 39 weeks per annum
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals, and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the role:
Due to a recent expansion, we are looking for experienced Occupational Therapists to join our Clinical Hub working as a key integrated member of our local clinical and education teams in specialist schools, nurseries and colleges based in and around West London. In these new roles, you will be responsible for overseeing either our Early Years/KS1 provisions, primary and secondary schools or our new 19-25 vocational and college provisions. You will undertake agreed delegated management responsibilities for example supervisions, appraisals and audits. You will also work collaboratively to deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for autistic children, young people or adults with associated needs such as ADHD, social communication difficulties, sensory processing needs and trauma within these educational settings.
You will implement a holistic, therapeutic approach to helping our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy. Undertaking all aspects of Occupational Therapy clinical duties, you will adhere to professional and regulatory guidelines, carrying out specialist individual assessments and interventions, and preparing relevant documentation, including writing reports. You will also contribute significantly to providing information and training to staff, commissioners and other agencies.
Our well-established multidisciplinary Clinical Team maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for an Occupational Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: West London. Hillingdon Manor School and West London Community College, Uxbridge; Syon Manor College and Syon Nursery, Isleworth
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised and relevant Occupational Therapist degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC registration
- Relevant post-qualification experience working as a Therapist, including working with the specific client group in an educational setting
- Driving licence and access to vehicle
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, complex, technical and clinically sensitive information to the specific client group, their carers and families and a wide range of professionals outside the service
- Experience of undertaking appraisal and planning CPD for less experienced staff
- Ability to assume leadership responsibilities whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team and be proactive in working alone.
- Skills in co-working, liaison and consultation with others, especially with regard to highly complex cases
- Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be, and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
Benefits and Rewards - We offer a market-leading Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, which enables you to adjust your benefits to suit your circumstances.
- £2,000 training allowance
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- Cycle to Work scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Outcomes First Group we are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.