Outdoor Learning Teacher
Job title: Outdoor Learning Teacher
Location: Oak Tree School, Truro, Cornwall
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Are you a Teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We’re looking for an Outdoor Learning Teacher to join the Oak Tree School team. Someone who is suitably qualified in a number of Outdoor Education activities would be perfect for this role.
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 65 children and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These children and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across schools and residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning
Who we are looking for
The successful applicant will deliver inclusive, responsive and innovative teaching and learning across the curriculum through outdoor learning. You will constantly strive to produce outstanding/good teaching and learning at all times to ensure that all learners succeed.
Applicants would benefit from previous experience of working with students who experience social, emotional, mental health, and associated challenging behaviours.
- Experience in delivering Outdoor learning
- Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent)
- Full UK driving licence
- Be a dedicated teacher with an experience of working with children with a wide range of special educational needs, including those with complex autism, trauma and attachment related conditions
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching strategies for this group of learners
- Be a team player who is able to motivate, lead and support teams of colleagues
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and be able to communicate effectively with parents, carers and liaise with other professionals
- Be a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute to delivering 'the best education for every child'
- Be an individual who aspires for professional development and career development
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.