Job Title: Ancillary Staff
Location: Wetheringsett Manor School, Stowmarket
Salary: up to £18,000 per annum
Hours: 28 hours per week
Can you enrich the lives of young people as Ancillary staff at Wetheringsett Manor School?
This is a dual role with responsibilities being split equally between supporting the admin department and the kitchen. This role exists to help facilitate the 4-day working week, which we are pioneering for the company.
The 2-day administration part of the role consists of: Welcoming visitors into the school and provide administrative and clerical functions for the school and its staff, ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective and timely way and in compliance with the requirements of the OFG group and the school senior leadership team.
The 2-day kitchen assistant part of the role consists of: Providing a clean, hygienic and well-presented environment. Preparing and serving food and maintaining general cleanliness of the dining areas.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Friendly, open and welcoming demeanour, good interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Must be able to manage difficult conversations and demanding service users.
- Must be familiar with office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good standard of presentation and inter-personal skills – able to act as a reliable and effective first point of contact
- Sound organisational and planning skills and a flexible approach
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Experience of working within an educational setting
- Driving licence
Wetheringsett Manor School is a new independent day SEMH School for up to 42 pupils aged 11-19. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
Wetheringsett Manor School, based in Suffolk, has been through significant refurbishment, opening to pupils in November 2020. The Manor House is located in 17 acres of parkland with wooded boundaries and sits on the edge of the village of Wetheringsett. The accommodation also provides several other buildings including a converted stable block, a cottage and two industrial units.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS, which must be registered on the update service.