Job role: SEN Class Teacher
Salary: £25,000- £42,000 dependent on experience
Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale, LA6 2DZ
Hours: Monday to Friday
Contract: Full time, term time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a SEN Class Teacher to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCPs. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career. We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally.
Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish.
It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'. We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
Underley Garden seeks an enthusiastic teacher who can inspire children with complex and severe learning needs across their personalised curriculum. Our pupils need engaging, creative, practical learning so teachers need the ability to thrive in a flexible curriculum structure and fully utilise our facilities to offer personalised programmes.
Our SEN Class Teachers are required to run a child lead classroom and adapt their plans to the individual children. Teachers at UG are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons and learning activities which promote learning and show progress against their individual learning outcomes.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes. You will be a responsible, friendly, and an organised person who has a passion for teaching and providing an excellent service to the children and young people in our care.
- Qualified to degree level
- Sen Experience
- A deeply held conviction that every child can achieve and reach their potential;
- The belief that all children deserve a life of choice and opportunity;
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced extremely environment;
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all children;
- Excellent classroom practitioner;
- Excellent team player;
- Ability to work successfully with pupils with challenging behaviour;
- High expectations of others;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Willing to undertake training.
- Qualified with QTS
- Experience of working with young people from challenging backgrounds;
- Evidence of continually improving the outcomes of pupils;
- The courage and conviction to make a difference;
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively;
- Constant deep reflection which leads to personal growth and better pupil outcomes;
- Sustain energy, optimism and motivation in the face of pressure and setbacks;
- Stay calm in difficult situations and maintain clarity of vision;
- Support the team and be aware of others’ levels of resilience in different situations;
- Driving Licence;
- Commitment to on-going improvement and learning;
- Evidence of ability to plan strategically.
Why work for us?
We can offer an attractive package, including planning and preparation time, a well-organised and resourced department, friendly, supportive colleagues, well-motivated young people and small class sizes.
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Local Gym membership
- BUPA Healthcare Plan
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first class mental health support services
- Employee Reward Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free meals
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Closing date: Sunday 19th June. Interviews will be held week beginning 27th June (day TBC).
Fixed Term: September 2022
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk. The School reserves the right to interview and/or make an appointment before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson, Office Manager on 015242 71569. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable young people.
All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share with commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.