Speech and Language Therapist
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: West London
Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 pro rata, per annum, dependent on experience
Hours: 38.5 per week
Contract: Permanent, term time only 39wks
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals, and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the role:
Due to recent expansion, we are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our Clinical Hub working as a key integrated member of our local Clinical and Education teams in specialist schools and nurseries based in and around West London.
In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for holding a caseload of Early Years/KS1 autistic children as well as input into our new purpose-built nursery for children with emerging traits of ASC, ADHD or sensory, communication or social needs. You will provide specialist Speech and Language Therapy assessment and intervention plans to support and develop the functional communication skills of pupils with complex communication needs.
With the full support of our large and experienced Clinical Hub, a significant element of this role will include staff and parent support/training within the educational settings and as part of our specialist Autism Training Centre. Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic individual, with a therapeutic approach and the ability to make decisions, as well as manage their own workload
Our well-established Clinical Team, maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: West London - Hillingdon Manor School- Upton Grange, Slough; Syon Nursery, Isleworth
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC Registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Post qualification experience of working as a Therapist within an educational or complex needs setting
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Knowledge of a range of assessment tools and evidence of skilled application relevant to the specialist client group
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, complex, technical and clinically sensitive information to the specific client group, their carers and families and a wide range of professionals outside the service (from OT JD)
- Ongoing evidence of CPD related to specific client group
- Ability to work independently
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle is desirable
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be, and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
- An unrivalled core induction and local induction
- £2,000 training allowance
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: email@example.com
At Outcomes First Group we are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.