Job Title: Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance Solicitor
Hybrid Working: Available
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
We are looking for a Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance Solicitor to join our team.
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a qualified solicitor with data protection and regulatory experience to lead and manage our data protection and compliance team.
As our Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance Solicitor you will be a key part of our legal and compliance function.
You will have good knowledge of managing a regulatory function and work with and oversee a team ensuring that all registrations are submitted and are up to date; managing data protection compliance, policy and procedure, responding to Data Subject Access Requests under UK GDPR, managing data breaches and reporting, and generally supporting the Group on data protection queries.
- Managing the teams’ responses to subject access requests, requests from other statutory agencies and requests from law firms
- Managing the assessment and reporting of breaches to the ICO, commissioners/controllers, data subjects and insurers.
- Supporting the DPO with the drafting, revision and monitoring of data protection notices, policies, procedures and templates in accordance with changes in legislation and best practice and ensuring that the same are updated and published;
- Managing and supporting data processor audits and the obtaining and analysis of SOC2 II auditors reports and actions are identified and actioned.
- Managing ICO registrations across the Group, ensuring that each entity is properly registered, including supporting applications, payments and logging of certification.
- Managing and supporting colleagues to undertake Article 35 Data Protection Impact Assessments where required.
- Supporting colleagues in enabling the Group to demonstrate compliance with the accountability principle in Article 5(2) of the GDPR, by the maintenance of a data protection risk assessment.
- Managing the regulatory aspect of the function to ensure that all statutory registrations are in place and tracked for the Group’s activities, including registration – support/completion of new services, managers, and responsible individuals or similar, variation applications and de-registrations and registration certificate filing.
- To provide other support as and when required to the Head of Legal and Compliance.
Who are we looking for?
As our Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance Solicitor, you will be fully qualified, technically strong and commercially minded, looking for a fast-paced environment where you will learn a lot about our industry and become a specilaist in your area.
You will also need:
- Some experience of working within a fast-paced solicitor role ideally with experience of responding to Data Subject, UK GDPR, audits and legislation
- The ability to work through cases consistently and at pace
- Previous experience of building relationships with key stakeholders and preferably previous management experience.
Why join Outcomes First Group?
Outcomes First Group exists to make sure vulnerable children, young people and adults get the opportunities they need, whether that involves providing them with specialist education and residential care, or finding them dedicated foster families in which they can thrive.
Whatever your role, whatever your skill set, we give you the opportunity to make an important difference to the individuals we educate and care for. Our team is full of talented people helping others be the best they can be. From teachers and therapists to support workers and care workers, you’ll play your part in what we do.
- We’re a values-driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future
- We create strong communities around our schools, residential sites and fostering agencies. You’ll be part of an amazing team
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
- Holidays start at 25 days per annum
- We offer very competitive salaries and an excellent workplace pension scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.