Job Title: Team Manager
Location: Home Based covering South London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum plus £3,000 car allowance
*We will be trialling a 4 day working week from June 2022 to ensure the ultimate work life balance for employees*
If you really want to make your mark in a developing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Manager to join our well established team at NFA London South. We want someone who places a focus on the positive outcomes of our children and young people. This is your chance to join a supportive, caring and high achieving team at NFA!
About the Group
We are part of the National Fostering Group – the UK’s largest independent fostering family.
Our highly skilled and dedicated fostering community supports Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK. With 100% of our 32 regional fostering agencies officially recognised by Ofsted, Welsh and Scottish regulators as either ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’, it is perhaps not surprising that more people choose to foster with our fostering agencies than any other fostering provider in the UK.
NFA London South covers a vast geographical area including London, Buckinghamshire, Slough, Kent, Surrey, Brighton and East and West Sussex. As part of the wider NFA London team, we work with more than 415 foster carers and over 540 carers. Our most recent Ofsted Inspection reported our agency as Outstanding.
About the Role
This post is pivotal in supporting the Registered Manager in delivering a high quality service for children and young people, and foster carers.
The Team Manager is responsible for ensuring that legislative, regulatory, national minimum standards and company requirements are met so that we maintain and achieve outstanding performance.
The Team Manager also works closely with other colleagues and fulfils specific responsibilities in relation to foster carer recruitment and assessment, referrals and placements, foster carer learning and development of our fostering panel. The post holder also contributes to the strategic development and successful expansion of the Region through child and carer focused projects.
Who we are looking for
You must hold a current registration with the relevant Social Work regulatory council (e.g Social Work England/Wales, NISCC, SSSC) and have recent experience in fostering and services for children with good working knowledge of the regulatory framework, plus some previous experience in a line management.
Ideally you will have experience in achieving performance targets and developing services to meet organisational objectives. You will be a strong written and verbal communicator with good IT skills, a flexible and adaptable approach and able to travel to support the growth of the region.
Why work for us
- Holidays start at 25 days per annum
- We offer very competitive salaries and an excellent workplace pension scheme
- We will be trialling a 4 day working week from June 2022
- We are a values-driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our accredited training programmes include diplomas and NVQs
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future
- You’ll always feel valued, important and secure
- We believe in the abilities and potential of our team
- You’re always trusted, always supported
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Job Vacancy ID: 173385