Job Title: Assistant Psychologist
Location: Bromley, Kent
Salary: £18,889 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week (Mon-Fri)
Contract: Permanent, Term time only, 44.6wks per annum
About the role:
We are on the lookout for an Assistant Psychologist to join our in house multi-disciplinary Clinical Team, based at Baston House School, Bromley. Baston House School provides specialist education to children and young people aged from 5 to 19 years who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. Working under the supervision of a qualified Clinical Psychologist, you will contribute to assessment, 1:1 work and group intervention for those at the school as well as joint working with those in the MDT.
Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic character with a ‘can do’ attitude. This is an excellent opportunity to join a knowledgeable and supportive team who will welcome you with open arms, providing you with all the tools and support you need to fulfil this role to your full potential.
Our well-established Clinical Team, maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for an Assistant Psychologist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Baston house School, Bromley, BR2 7AB. For more information on the school please visit:
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Honours degree in Psychology (2:1 or First Class)
- Eligibility for Graduate basis for Chartered Membership by the British Psychological Society
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work with young people. Previous experience of clinical work with children with neurodevelopmental conditions particularly desired.
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving licence, with access to a car
- Ability to work independently as agreed under supervision
- Understanding of safeguarding
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be, and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
- An unrivalled core induction, local induction, and a dedicated buddy, who will be there to support you from day one.
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- We offer a flexible benefits scheme which allows you to adjust your benefits to suit your circumstances.
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: Sarah Attwell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.