Part Time Residential Care Worker - FTC
Role: Children’s Care Worker
Salary: £9.52 - £9.70 per hour plus £54.00 - £68.40 per sleep in
Hours: 24 hours per week - 1 day on, 5 days off
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Essential: A full driving licence, the willingness to work towards a Level 3 QCF Diploma in Children and Young People and the Right to Work in the UK
Do you want to make a difference to a young person who’s had a hard start in life?
Do you have the qualities to be the person they trust and look up to, so they have a brighter future than their past?
Do you want to be a part of an organisation consistently voted as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces in each of the last 3 years that puts your wellbeing at its heart and provides a nurturing, rewarding and enjoyable working environment as well as giving you world class learning and career development opportunities? Then we’re the organisation for you.
Working with our young people at Upper Woodcote in Shrewsbury, Shropshire you’ll be part of a team supporting 2 children to develop the life skills and enjoy the life experiences they need to have bright futures.
You’ll get an exceptional reward package:
- A base salary of £9.52 - £9.70 per hour plus £54.00 - £68.40 per sleep in
- Flexible working patterns that fit around your life, with the ability to flex and change your package to suit your circumstances
- Sleep-In and Shift Allowances
- 34 days annual leave PRO RATA (+ ability to buy up to 5 days more)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And market leading benefits offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
Plus outstanding development and support starting with our award winning induction programme, to supporting you with specialist qualifications and best in class management development and high potential programmes, so you can flourish and develop your full potential.
Who are we are looking for?
And the best news is you don’t need any prior experience to join our family, just a big heart, and a passion to make a difference. You’ll understand that children and young people can be challenging but will be relish that challenge and will approach it with patience, resilience and calmness, becoming their reliable go to person that helps them with their everyday needs.
If this sounds like you, please apply below or contact us on 01204 558 055.
Being exceptional is just a call away.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Care assistant/ Support worker/ Children’s care worker/ Children development /Working with children/ SEMH practitioner/ Career/ Trainee