Role: Cooking Instructor
Site: New Barn School
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday (part-time applicants may apply)
Salary: £22,500 per annum
Working as an Instructor for New Barn School, you will deliver fun educational based learning which is tailored around Cooking for both individual pupils and small groups of students. You will be working in partnership with the teaching staff to ensure that behaviours are managed, and students work to clear and relevant objectives to ensure they reach their full potential.
In brief this role will involve:
- Effectively managing and teaching a group of students in line with the school mission statement
- Planning lessons for a wide range of ability, creating a calm environment which is stimulating and purposeful
- Organising a learning environment which enables students to take ownership of their learning
- Setting clear learning objectives for each lesson, monitoring student progress and performance
- Effectively communicating with teaching and residential staff, parents and external multi-agencies
Key Skills Required:
- A sound understanding of the complexity of special education needs (SEN)
- Experience of working and teaching children and young people with emotional and behaviour difficulties who may have challenging behaviour preferred
- A caring, positive and sensitive attitude towards pupils which values all individuals
- Full UK Driving Licence
New Barn School offers an education which exposes pupils’ to a broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum, presents them with challenges in which creativity is fostered and which is based on the essential elements of the National Curriculum. The school provides a structured and supportive environment which is planned to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of the pupils at each stage of their schooling.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum (FTE)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.