Job Title: Supervising Social Worker
Location: Homebased covering North East London including Ilford, Romford and Wanstead
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £43,225 per annum including car allowance
This is an amazing opportunity to join National Fostering Group as a Supervising Social Worker with NFA North London. This agency is based in Uxbridge, London and helps the wider NFA London team support 415 foster carers and 540 children and young people. Our current Ofsted rating is Outstanding.
As a creative, resilient and responsible member of our team, you will be at the heart of helping to create happy homes for young people and their carers – homes where incredible futures can begin.
As a member of our brilliant team of social workers, you will understand the life-changing potential of a safe and supportive home life.
You will play a key role in helping vulnerable children and young people find a foster home that can transform their future. You will also supervise and advise foster carers, and make sure that both carers and children have the support they need to thrive.
You will visit homes and keep in touch with both carers and young people, becoming an essential point of contact for all – a safeguarding champion with everyone’s best interests at heart. We keep caseloads lower to decrease risk and to offer more bespoke, person-centric focus. This means more time to work closely with both the young people and their carers to deliver the best possible outcomes.
You will collaborate with our specialist clinical teams to identify and make available the right kinds of support, from occupational therapy to art therapy, and clinicians with specialism in trauma and attachment theory.
As a key team member in one of our local fostering agencies, you will make sure that our children and young people are safe and secure, that they are well looked after, and that our high standards are consistently maintained.
Through your passion and commitment, you will inspire carers to grow in confidence and achieve their potential, with a real impact on the children they care for.
Who we are looking for
You will be passionate about building incredible lives for children, and helping foster carers be the best they can be. You will be confident and imaginative, with either a BA or MA degree in social work and an energetic and open-minded approach. You will also need to be registered with the appropriate body and hold a full driving licence.
Carers and children will be relying on you to create supportive, nurturing relationships, so you will need to show that you’ve had previous social work experience, with a record of working with young people who have a history of trauma and enhanced needs.
You will be excited by taking on real responsibility, and you will be ready and willing to benefit from all the support we offer to help you do your job. You will also be generous with your own skills and experience, helping our whole team to excel.
Why join National Fostering Group?
- We are a values-driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our accredited training programmes include diplomas and NVQs
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future – including opportunities to become an Advanced Practitioner, Practice Supervisor, Team Leader, Registered Manager
- You’ll always feel valued, important and secure
- We believe in the abilities and potential of our team
- You’re always trusted, always supported
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
- Holidays start at 25 days per annum
- We offer very competitive salaries and an excellent workplace pension scheme
- We will be trialing a 4 day working week from June 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Vacancy: 170990