Everyone deserves an incredible future!
This is a great opportunity to join Bankside College part of Options Autism as a Pastoral Manager. Bankside College is an exciting new venture that will be opening near Hanley Castle, Worcester. Working in partnership with the Outcomes First Group and Options Autism, the College will provide a Further Education experience for those aged 16 to 24year-olds with autism, complex needs and learning disabilities.
The main aim of the College is to help its students prepare for adulthood and their next stage in life. In a new purpose-built building, situated in acres of natural beauty, Malvern College will provide a varied, individualised curriculum to enable its students to gain vocational and independence skills to help them achieve their aspirations.
Our staff will work together as a cohesive team, to provide the very best experience for the students which will include practical activities, Maths, English and Digital Literacy. The curriculum will have a focus on individual targets, personal skills and enrichment which will include The Duke of Edinburgh Award. Some students will also take part in supported work experience, social enterprise programmes, and volunteering.
If you are looking to join a dedicated team in brand new purpose build college that will welcome your ideas and re-engage our young adults, we would like to hear from you. We require a Pastoral Manager who can make a significant contribution to our college and support our students and staff on our journey to becoming an outstanding provision.
You will be a self-motivated team player, able to use your own initiative and have a commitment to the College ethos, aims and its whole community. The successful candidate will be an innovative, reflective practitioner who can demonstrate the willingness to adapt and learn.
We are looking for an individual with high expectations and standards who can offer excellent behavioural management skills. You will lead your team of staff by example and make a real difference to our students. The overarching purpose of our Pastoral Manager position is to lead and oversee the EHCP process including liaising with local authorities, parents and other stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead the ECHP process at the College, including coordinating the transition in the college of new students and the progression from the college to other providers
- To coordinate EHCP process, including chairing review meetings and liaising with families and other stakeholders
- To be the main contact with LEA with regard to EHCP planning and documentation
- To work with teaching and learning, support and clinical staff to ensure that students’ ECHP targets are used to shape learners’ study programmes and ensuring these are reviewed on a regular basis (using current EHCP methodology)
- To ensure the tracking of students’ progress is in place and is reviewed holistically on a regular basis and progression reports are shared with parents and carers (as appropriate) at least twice a term
Who we are looking for
You will be a passionate tutor and a great communicator, as comfortable talking to young adults with autism, learning difficulties and complex needs as you are with contributing to the college’s vision and direction. Our schools and colleges are unique environments, each one having its own special atmosphere and range of opportunities and resources.
Our Tutors enjoy becoming part of their college ‘family’, exploring the potential of the building and environment and getting to know the brilliant young people in our care. You will enjoy building these caring relationships as well as liaising with fellow professionals, whether they are colleagues in the same school or they work in the children’s previous educational establishments.
You will have excellent written English skills too, along with a passion for working in collaboration with other members of our multidisciplinary team, sharing information in both formal and informal situations.
Why join Options Autism?
- £24,500 per annum
- 37.5 hours per week
- Term Time Only
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
#outcomesfirstgroup #tutor #sentutor #teachingopportunities #furthereducation #FE #Pastoral #Pastoralmanager #autism #college