Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Based on site - Uxbridge
Hybrid Working: some
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Car Allowance: £3,000 per annum
About the Role
Could you be our newest IT Support Engineer?
Outcomes First Group is on the lookout for an IT professional to come and join our growing team.
As our IT Support Engineer, you will be part of an experienced team of IT Engineers ensuring that colleagues have the systems and equipment they need to support young people in our care and education services.
You’ll be responsible for fixing and maintaining tech, with a particular focus on IT support at a large school in Uxbridge and a number of other smaller sites in the area, as well as:
- Be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving incidents, major incidents, problems, and service requests providing regular updates to the end-user
- Own, monitor, and resolve incidents and service requests in a timely manner, escalating where necessary to the IT Service Desk Manager
- Liaise and work closely with Bolton-based service desk and infrastructure colleagues on infrastructure problems working together to provide suitable solutions
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous 2nd/3rd line role experience within a hands-on customer-facing environment, with excellent customer service skills
- Hold a professional qualification (Microsoft Azure, MCSA, CCNA etc) or an IT degree or working towards one
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products, desktop and server platforms and working within an ITIL framework
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure and technical diagnostic skills
- A broad technical understanding of PC’s/peripherals and their architecture #
- Ability to work autonomously, work on your own initiative, and tackle tasks proactively
We’re looking for a keen and resilient individual, who wants to provide the best support to their colleagues and get stuck in with problem-solving, and develop their skills.
With four key functions spanning from Service Desk, Security, Infrastructure, and Projects, our IT team runs on the ethos of promoting from within and building lifelong careers. Working with our highly experienced team, joining us means exposure to a range of problems, solutions, and technologies. We work as one driven unit to ensure that our goal to help build incredible futures for all the individuals who use our services is achieved.
Apply today and our Resourcing Team will be in touch!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group exists to make sure vulnerable children, young people and adults get the opportunities they need, whether that involves providing them with specialist education and residential care or finding them dedicated foster families in which they can thrive.
There are three organisations in our Outcomes First family: Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism. Together, we educate, care for, and support children, young people, and adults across the UK, empowering them to be happy and make their way in the world.
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers, and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.