Job title: Maths/Science Teacher
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Bramfield House School, Halesworth
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum
Are you ambitious for the success of all young people? Do you believe in teaching young people practical skills that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives?
We are looking for an experienced Maths/Science Teacher to join our fantastic team at Bramfield House School, Halesworth. We need someone who is thirsty for success, has the highest of expectations for young people and deep understanding of the challenges that young people with additional needs face.
Purpose of the Job
- To work as part of ‘one team’ at Bramfield House School to facilitate the everyday education and care of young people with SEMH
- To plan, organise and deliver the curriculum relevant to key stage and specific subject area/s to best meet pupils’ individual special education needs
- To work in a trans-disciplinary capacity to facilitate the ‘One Team’ approach to support and link academic and social/ behavioural progress in line with pupils’ individual learning needs
- To practice with a high degree of competence with the aim of reducing barriers to learning and participation in the classroom, leading to all pupils achieving their learning potential
Located in rural Suffolk, Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours.
The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible. We need highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
- Up to £38,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- Permanent; Term time Only
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.