Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Join the Options Autism family and build your incredible future whilst helping our vulnerable Children create theirs.
Whether you have previous care experience or are looking to start a new career and have a background in hospitality, the armed forces, outdoor education or other sectors, we have opportunities for everyone.
‘I never had job satisfaction until I worked here’ – Current employee
Role: Bank Children’s Care Worker
Salary: £9.52 per hour
Hours: As needed
Essential: The willingness to work towards a funded diploma in Residential Childcare and the Right to Work in the UK
This home is within commutable distance from Falkland and surrounds.
We are recruiting Bank Children’s Care Workers to join our teams within the Falkland area. Your empathy and warmth will enable you to support vulnerable children with Autism, Learning Disabilities and complex needs. This means that the Children we care for may need support to develop their day-to-day skills, including communication and practical skills. They may also need support to complete their personal care. That’s why we’re looking for calm, conscientious and kind people who can take care of the daily needs of the children– vital help that can transform their lives!
Part of this exciting and challenging role allows you to chaperone the children to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips to the zoo, but you will also need to complete relevant paperwork, undertake household tasks, personal care and where appropriate administer medication.
You’ll play a key role in the smooth-running of the site and you’ll have a good grasp of safeguarding and safety and hygiene. This is a role in which attention to detail really counts – and one that touches the real lives of people every day.
Why join Options Autism?
- We're a values driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our accredited training programmes include diplomas and NVQs
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future
- We create strong communities around our schools, and you’ll be part of an amazing team
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Care assistant/ Support worker/ Children’s care worker/ Children development /Working with children/ Autism