Job Title: Practitioner Psychologist
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 22.5 per week
Contract: Permanent, 52 wks per annum
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Psychologist to join our Clinical Wellbeing team based at The Shires in Stretton, Rutland. The post holder will work collaboratively to deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for our children and young people . This is an excellent opportunity to join the team as they expand their clinical provision, making a real difference and implementing a holistic, therapeutic approach.
About the role:
This is a newly commissioned post that has been created to shape and develop our local clinical wellbeing service. Our multifaceted and therapeutic approach aims to address the whole person, taking into consideration clinical, biological, physiological and psychological aspects.
The successful applicant will work alongside a multidisciplinary team, also forming part of a group wide specialist Clinical Wellbeing team. Providing a systematic high quality psychology service within the designated provision(s) for children and young people, you will be working with others to promote the wellbeing and best interests of our children and young people, whilst endorsing the effectiveness of the service in achieving its aims and objectives and ensuring a high quality service provision in line with best practice guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
Undertaking all associated Clinical Psychology/Psychotherapy duties whilst adhering to professional and regulatory guidelines, you will carry out assessments; designing individualised plans and strategies. As well as implementing evidence-based therapeutic interventions; report writing and multi-professional reviews. Providing advice, information and training to staff, and other members of the Clinical Wellbeing team(s), as well as parents, commissioners and other agencies.
Our Clinical Wellbeing Team maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Psychologist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: The Shires, Stretton – The Shires provides specialist education and care for young people aged 11-19 years of age with autism, associated learning disabilities and complex needs.
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Post-graduate doctoral level in Clinical Psychology or Psychotherapy equivalent.
- Registered with the HCPC and BPS or equivalent.
- Experienced in working with young people with ASD and complex needs
- 1-2 years post-doctoral experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the setting
- Substantial and relevant post-qualification experience with children and young people
- Experience of lecturing/teaching/training
- Good knowledge of relevant psychometric tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Full valid UK driving licence and access to a car is desirable
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be, and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
Benefits and Rewards
- Holidays 30 days per annum plus bank holidays
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Essential role to making a real difference to the lives of children and young people
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Outcomes First Group we are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS