Job Title: Fostering Adviser
Location: Whetstone, Leicestershire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Days of Work: 5 days out of 7 with one weekend day each week (either Saturday or Sunday - this will be a homebased day)
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Closing Date: 15th December 2021
About the Role
We are looking for a confident and customer service focused individual to join our team of Fostering Advisers.
The main purpose of the role is to inform, by telephone, interested members of the public about the fostering task and the types of fostering available to help build our family of foster carers across the UK.
- responding to enquiries from members of the public, in a timely manner, by telephone, email and written communication to promote and inform about the fostering task.
- gathering information on an enquirer's suitability to foster in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- recording any information gathered and inputting details onto the relevant enquirer database.
- supporting the needs of up to 40 field based Carer Recruitment as and when needed, contacting enquirers on their behalf, completing reports and monitoring activity.
About the Group
We are part of the National Fostering Group – the UK’s largest independent fostering family.
The National Fostering Group provides high quality foster care that places the welfare of children at the centre of its work. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering.
We believe that every child has the right to feel safe, healthy and happy and so are committed to provide this for children and young people who have experienced abuse, disruption and trauma in their lives. Our aim is to provide best service through support, training and remuneration to carers and to value the enormous contribution they make to the lives of children who cannot live with their own family.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a passion for helping the lives of children and young people who find themselves within the care system but knowledge of foster care is not essential and there is no direct contact with children and young people involved in this role. We are interested in applications from candidates with customer service and/or administration experience, able to demonstrate rapport building skills. All conversations with enquirers are conducted over the telephone.
The role requires regular use an online database and excel based reporting so excellent IT and web based management skills would be a distinct advantage. A previous background in customer service or recruitment would also be advantageous.
The role will require accurate recording of telephone conversations so a high level of written communication skills, including punctuation, syntax and grammar are required.
There may be occasional need to travel to meetings or training sessions – no more than one day a month. The team respond to enquiries across seven days. One day of the five day working week for this role will be either a Saturday or a Sunday which will be home based.
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- An extra days holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, childs first day at school etc)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Essential role to making a real difference to the lives of children and young people
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer
If you would like to speak to someone about this role, then please email Annie Winter on email@example.com and Annie will arrange to call you.