SENCo – Practitioner – Jubilee School
Salary - £45,000 FTE
Jubilee School is a co-educational day school, which helps educate and support children aged between 8 – 16 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) challenges and additional complex behaviours. In addition to taking day students from the local area, Jubilee School is linked with four residential homes and is located in Waterlooville, just outside of Portsmouth.
Acorn Care and Education is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education, foster care and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a SENCo for Jubilee School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. The successful candidate will be expected to lead the support of learning across the school and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for designated individuals and groups of young people with SEMH and complex needs. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to aiding teaching and being prepared to go above and beyond.
We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with previous experience working as a SENCo for pupils with Special Educational Needs.
The role is offered on a part time, permanent basis, working 3 days a week (during term time only). To be discussed at interview.
Following a through induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing good channels of communication between the Head teacher, the education team, parents, carers and relevant multi-agencies.
- Developing with the Head teacher an annual whole school SEN improvement plan.
- Creating a well ordered and calm environment that is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils through close working with the behaviour management leader.
- Ensuring that Individual Education Plans are written and kept up to date for all pupils.
- Overseeing the development of detailed records of pupils’ progress including the records of achievement.
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Completed SENCO qualification
- Previous experience working with pupils with emotional & behavioural difficulties who may have challenging behaviour
- Experience managing staff
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ofsted Inspection process
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.