Job Title: Care Worker Team Leader
Location: Falkland House School, Falkland, Fife
Salary: £28,685.80 - £33,882.09 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Falkland House School is an in independent day and residential school for boys from primary to aged 18 years. Our pupils have a range of Additional Support Needs predominately Autistic Spectrum Condition, we provide access to a mainstream curriculum, and more, for those who cannot access it in a mainstream environment. We were the first independent school in Scotland (outside of the NAS) to receive accreditation from the National Autistic Society.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those we support.
- Direct the work of your team to provide the highest quality standard of care and professional practice in accordance with both school policies and procedures.
- Provide a service that meets the requirements of all relevant legislation and Health and Social Care Standards.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the residential houses.
- Provide leadership to staff and pupils and direct the work of staff towards safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils.
- Ensure the highest physical standards are maintained around the school.
Knowledge and Experience
- Obtain and maintain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council.
- Have experience of childcare in a residential setting.
- Be able to use ICT.
- Be able to apply a variety of strategies to meet the needs of all young people.
- Have knowledge and experience of the application of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Be able to provide advice and guidance to young people on issues relating to making progress and realising potential.
- Have knowledge of current legislation and Health and Social Care Standards.
- Have a current driving licence and a willingness to drive as part of your duties.
- Be committed to being involved in the life and work of the whole school community - whole school projects/events, pastoral care duties, etc.
- have a willingness to work shifts, perform sleep-in duties and act as SDP when required.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes SNCT pay and pension, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, cycle to work scheme and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.