Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join Outcomes First Group at our Bolton Office on a 12 month fixed term contract.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
About the Role
As Finance Manager for the Education and Care divisions, you will be responsible for the effective financial control and the delivery of timely and accurate management information for our schools and residential homes, providing the business with key financial insights around budgets and improving forecasting.
The successful candidate will support where required to ensure that deadlines are met whilst also scrutinising processes and developing solutions to improve processes and deliver efficiency savings across the finance function.
You will be responsible for providing the monthly financial results to the Head of Reporting, with comments on key variances to budget or forecast if applicable and related action plans. The Finance Manager will take an active and evolving role in producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts for multiple schools and residential homes across the Group.
The Finance Manager is also expected to model and track key initiatives, such as development of new sites or changes in the operating model (for instance impact of rotas and working hours for care staff).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an ACA/ ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant with relevant management accounting experience. The Finance Manager will have a proven ability to influence financial outcomes and work closely with operational managers. You will be in your comfort zone building relationships and communicating with people at all levels to drive and influence continued financial and operational improvements.
The successful candidate will have advanced Excel skills and will be confident with data manipulation, analytical and presentation skills. Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous, though not essential
- Provide the monthly financial results for the corporate cost centres to the Head of Reporting with comments on key variances to budget or forecast, if applicable and related action plans.
- Act as Business Partner for budget holders and senior managers, guiding them on commercial matters and promoting financial understanding.
- Issue instructions to the relevant budget holders as regards the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation and review of audit packs for the central group companies
- Build strong relationships with central operational teams.
- Be accountable and act as the main point of contact on behalf of the wider finance team.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum rising with length of service
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- The Hub benefits and discounts scheme
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer