Position: Support Worker
Hours: 40 hours per week, 24 hour shifts
Salary: £25,475 per annum including sleep ins
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, West Drove House (Wessex College)
Essential: Driving Licence
Do you love helping children? Are you resilient, a team player and reliable? Do you want to have the autonomy to share your ideas to create fun, exciting and engaging activities for children with Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) challenges? Our childrens residential home is looking for caring individuals who enjoy working with young people and are keen to make a difference.
We are looking for creative, active and open-minded Support Workers, to join our family feel team. You must have a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring even the most challenging of minds and behaviours. We are looking for candidates who want to get involved, have their ideas heard, are confident being a parental figure and who are resilient, active and caring. No previous experience is required.
Our home is a large stately home style with a football pitch and outdoor cinema, which gives our young people plenty of space to have fun outside. It is a 4-bed home, we cater for both boys and girls, aged between 9 and 18 years old. We need an experienced individual who has an understanding of the challenges these young people may present. The ideal candidate will provide consistency in supporting young people in their day-to-day lives, enhancing their life skills, creating fun, and engaging activities to do at the evenings and weekends and making sure, they are safe and secure in their surroundings.
- Intensive training including a two week induction and buddy system
- If already qualified to NVQ Level 3 after probation your salary will go up £27,575 per annum including sleep ins
- Once qualified the salary goes up to £27,575 per annum including sleep-ins
- Enhanced DBS paid for
- Defined career pathways with support to achieve your goals
- Wellbeing activities every couple of weeks
- Meals on shift, made with the young people
- Access to shopping discounts, a wellbeing platform and a CPD online course account
- Make a real difference to children
- No day is the same so you will never be bored!
Please note we do accept candidates who own an automatic driver's licence as well as manual. We are also welcoming applicants who seek part - time roles.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now. For additional information, please contact Sam Choules, email@example.com at Wessex College.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.