Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Join the Acorn Education and Care family and build your incredible future whilst helping our vulnerable Children create theirs.
Whether you have previous care experience or are looking to start a new career and have a background in hospitality, the armed forces, outdoor education, or other sectors, we have opportunities for everyone.
‘I never had job satisfaction until I worked here’ – Current employee
Role: Children’s Support Worker
Salary: £26,401.60 – £26,779 (£19,801.60 - £20,176 base salary plus an additional £6,600 per annum for 10 sleep ins a month)
Hours: 3-week rolling rota (shifts are 24 hours: 10:00 - 12:00pm, Sleep in until 07:00, 07:00 - 10:30am)
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire
Essential: Essential: Full UK driving license. The willingness to work towards a funded diploma in Residential, a full driving licence, and the Right to Work in the UK
This home is part of a cluster of homes and is within commutable distance from Salisbury, Frome, Warminster, and surrounds.
We are recruiting Children’s Care Workers to join our teams within the Wiltshire area. Your empathy and warmth will enable you to support vulnerable Children aged with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). This means that the Children we care for may have experienced challenging or traumatic upbringings and may have difficulties with anxiety, mental health or in some cases self-harm. That’s why we’re looking for calm, conscientious and kind people who can take care of the daily needs of the children– vital help that can transform their lives!
Part of this exciting and challenging role allows you to chaperone the children to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips to the zoo, but you will also need to complete relevant paperwork, undertake household tasks, and where appropriate administer medication.
You’ll play a key role in the smooth-running of the site and you’ll have a good grasp of safeguarding and safety and hygiene. This is a role in which attention to detail really counts – and one that touches the real lives of people every day.
Why join Acorn Education and Care?
- We're a value driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our accredited training programmes include diplomas and NVQs
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future
- We create strong communities around our schools, and you’ll be part of an amazing team
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
- Holidays start at 25 days per annum
- Earn £1000 as an employee by referring a friend
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now. For additional information, please contact Sam Choules at email@example.com
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Care assistant/ Support worker/ Children’s care worker/ Nights/ Children development /Working with children/ SEMH