Position: Therapeutic Support Worker
Location: High Onn, Staffordshire
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £18,720 - £19,760 per annum plus £45 per sleep in
New Villa is a 6 bed home, which helps support Children aged between 7-18 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) challenges and additional complex behaviours. New Villa is linked with 13 other residential homes and aligned to a main school called Hillcrest Shifnal School. New Villa is located in High Onn..
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Therapeutic Support Worker you will join an established and experienced care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. Staff are also involved in participating in a range of activities which are children enjoy, this includes swimming, athletics, camping, ice skating, bowling and day trips to local centres.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills required
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide a consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.