Job Title: Administration Assistant
Location: Maple Grove School, Chester
Salary: £10.30 per hour
Contract: Permanent (Term Time Only)
Hours: 9 hours per week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 0900 -1200
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a School Administrator to join Maple Grove School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you!
About the School
Maple Grove is a newly opened school providing a specialist setting for learners with autism. We are situated in Hoole, Chester, with the school set within a beautiful, historic building that has been completely refurbished and redesigned to the highest standard.
At Maple Grove, everything we do revolves around the individual needs of each child attending our school, with the aim that every learner is able to fulfil their potential.
Along with our rich and varied curriculum, we focus on developing core life skills such as communication and social ability, sensory processing and emotional regulation; every pupil develops the essential capabilities they need to be as independent as possible when they leave school.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
As the Administration Assistant you will welcome visitors into the school and provide administrative and clerical functions for the school and its staff, ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective and timely way and in compliance with the requirements of the group and the school senior leadership team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the school at the very start and see the team and pupils grow and develop.
You will be enthusiastic, able to work effectively as part of a team and dedicated to making a difference to improving the lives of the young people that we support.
- Supporting the team with minute taking, arranging appointments, diary management, hosting meetings and letter writing
- To assist with telephone enquiries, taking messages and answering enquiries related to the school and direct where appropriate
- Support the registration of new students, creating student files, and maintaining the Pupil Admissions Register.
- To welcome visitors/parents to the school in a polite and efficient manner.
- Basic finance duties such as raising invoices.
- Collating and inputting data for school reports and logging confidentially information securely.
- Ordering, monitoring and organising office supplies and liaising with appropriate services to organise maintenance of the office and equipment
- Staff Recruitment - placing adverts for vacancies, collating and forwarding Application Forms, preparing interview schedules, contacting prospective candidates with information, issuing contracts and offer letters in accordance with the school recruitment policies and procedures by liaising with HR.
- Any other administrative duties required by the team as the role develops.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Internal Promotion
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.