Options Malvern View
Domestic Assistant (x2)
Part Time, 16.5 hours per week
£9.16 - £9.34 per hour
We are Options Autism, part of Outcomes First Group certified Great Place to Work for the past two years running. For sixteen years we’ve been providing specialist care for adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. We currently have an opportunity to join us at Options Malvern View based in Hanley Castle, Worcestershire as a Domestic Assistant.
We are recruiting for two Domestic Assistants for the following hours:
- Domestic Assistant 1: Monday – Thursday 6am to 9:30am, Friday 6am to 8:30am
- Domestic Assistant 2: Monday – Thursday 3pm to 6:30pm, Friday 3pm to 5:30pm
The successful candidates will provide the Service with a high level of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the building.
Duties include, but not limited to –
- To promote the good reputation of the Service by cleaning all areas to the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
- To ensure all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, COSHH regulations and Health & Safety legislation. Use all supplies correctly and to minimise waste.
- Carry out all daily and weekly routines together with any special cleaning duties as directed and necessary
- To support other members of the domestic team to complete work that requires extra members of staff to complete the task.
- To report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards.
- Carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, Service Users and other persons on site.
We are looking for someone who has -
- Relevant experience of domestic duties.
- Experience of effective cleaning practices
- Good knowledge of domestic duties including the use and storage of relevant products
- The ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good organisational and time management skills
Apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information.
In line with changes to the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amended) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021, anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.