Job Title: Caretaker/ Facilities Co-ordinator
Salary: FTE 25,000
Location: West London Community College, The Stables Courtyard, Church Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 2UH
Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours a week
We are looking for a Caretaker / Facilities Co-ordinator to join our team at West London Community College. Someone with a friendly and helpful disposition who can draw upon their previous trade / caretaking / DIY experience, ensuring the college premises and site are a safe, clean and a welcoming environment for the college community.
About the College
West London Community College is an independent living and life skills / educational establishment for adults on the Autism Spectrum.
About the Role
As Caretaker / Facilities Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for the maintenance and security of the college premises and vehicles. Meeting the needs of Health & Safety Legislation, you will ensure the premises, vehicles and grounds are maintained to a high standard, through the delivery of a professional service and by producing and maintaining a rolling programme of redecoration, repairs and maintenance.
There will be the occasional call-out, out of hours.
The position will require you to liaise with college staff, as well as external contractors.
Who we are looking for?
Friendly, reliable, approachable and flexible, you will have previous experience of working in a caretaking or facilities role. You will be conscientious and understand the importance of keeping high standards in and around the school, ensuring a safe and pleasant environment for all.
The post holder will:
- Be able to use their initiative;
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail;
- Have patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations;
- Have excellent ability to work alone or as part of team;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written; and,
- Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all adults
About the Group
- We are part of Outcomes First Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
- We provide education and care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
- We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Outcomes First Group website https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/vacancies/ . If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact 0208 573 7419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Options are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.