Job Title: Class Teacher (maternity cover) 12 Months
Salary: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term, Term Time Only
Options Kinsale is located in a stunning rural location, overlooking the Dee Estuary. Our school provides specialist education for up to 25 students, aged 8 – 19 having a range of complex needs including ASC and ADHD, in addition to impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties.
Our school has an inclusive and innovative approach to support teaching and learning and is currently developing its curriculum to implement the new Welsh Government’s Successful Futures initiative.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a qualified Teacher, you will work with a class size of up to 5 students, teaching primary lead subjects to children with ASC and complex needs in a specialist SEN environment. Teaching across a range of core subjects, this role would suit a compassionate and creative Teacher with the personality to build relationships in order to achieve long term results.
This role is offered on a full time basis working 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 inset days. Please note we are an independent school and therefore our school terms will differ from others in the local area.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups across a range of primary subjects
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contributing to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organising your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguarding all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
- Managing and supervising a small team of learning support assistants, to support and enhance the learning opportunities of your students, and the wider school
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching children with SEN in either a primary or secondary setting
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum and its assessment procedures
- Confident and enthusiastic with the ability to create lesson plans to suit student needs
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.