Job Title: Night Children’s Care Worker
Location: Underley Garden School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Salary: £10.00 - £10.70 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Can you enrich the lives of young people as a Night Children’s Care Worker?
- Are you caring and nurturing, hardworking and resilient, and a team player.
- If this sounds like you why not try a career in Children’s Residential Care.
- No prior experience or qualifications required. Ongoing training provided.
We are looking for responsible, caring people to join our fantastic team at Underley Garden School in Kirkby Lonsdale as a Night Children’s Care worker. As a Night Children’s Care worker, you will support our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy.
This is a great opportunity to start or continue your career in care, working as part of a team committed to helping children with varied and complex needs. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and you will be working in a setting where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, where children and young people are listened to, respected and involved in as many decisions as possible.
Our Night Children’s Care worker carry out an essential and varied role to provide the individual, bespoke, support required by the children and young people in our care. You will help the children with their nightly routine, collaborating with colleagues to ensure a smooth day to night transition, complete relevant paperwork, deliver personal care, undertake household tasks, and where appropriate administer medication.
Quality is always top of our agenda and we pride ourselves on the quality of what we do. We are looking for a Night Children’s Care Workers who shares our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Previous experience in a care setting would be great but isn’t essential as full training will be given, and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important. These roles are ideal for people working in customer facing industries including retail, hospitality, and leisure, looking for a new role that makes a real difference to children’s lives and futures.
Ideally, you will be calm, engaging, resilient, able to work the required shifts, and be motivated to provide a safe, caring environment where every child can thrive.
Underley Garden School is a residential school based in the idyllic countryside of Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria. Our young people have a range of complex needs associated with autism and learning disabilities, including complex communication, sensory and behavioural needs associated with their disabilities.
We want people who focus on ensuring positive outcomes for our children and adults and take responsibility for helping improve their lives. We share the value of creating a safe and nurturing home and we want people who can be fair and respectful, in order to do the right thing to support everyone in our care.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
- General Benefits
- Annual Salary of up to £10.70 per hour once qualified
- Opportunity for competitive bonus based overtime
- Supported through the L3 Diploma that can be completed in 6 to 12 months.
- Ongoing training and Development
- Free Membership to the local gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to our wellbeing centre
- Clear career opportunities in one of the largest children’s residential homes in the UK.
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. We also have a range of other benefits:
- NVQ Level 3 qualification fully paid for
- 30 days holiday a year
- All relevant training paid for
- Ongoing Professional Training and Development
- Free Local Gym Membership
- Free Parking
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (Healthy Minds)
- Competitive overtime rates
- Access to 1000's of highstreet shopping dicounts
- Additional bank holiday bonus payments
- In house rewards and activities
- Clear career pathways to becoming a Registered Manager
Application process & dates
In line with our safer recruitment process, all applicants will have to complete a full application form through our company website, which we ask to be completed in full ASAP. Interviews will be distributed on a first come first served bases. We look to start the successful applicants as soon as possible, upon the completion of satisfactory references and pre-employment checks.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS