Speech & Language Therapist
Speech and Language Therapist
West London Community College
£38,000 full time equivalent
Part Time, 3 days per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our multidisciplinary team based in Uxbridge.
About the role
The successful applicant will be supporting our Adult College in West London which is set across 4 campuses. This is an excellent opportunity to join a newly established in-house clinical team which comprises of: Clinical Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy. There will be opportunities to influence service development as you will be joining a team which demonstrates innovative and inclusive practice. An ideal opportunity for those looking to continue to develop their career working with adults on the Autistic Spectrum.
In brief, your role will involve:
- Performing Speech and Language Therapy assessments of clients with diverse presentations to identify needs and formulate intervention plans
- Developing and supporting the delivery of individualised intervention programmes and/or group sessions using your knowledge of evidence based practice
- Evaluating client progress, reassessing and updating intervention programmes as required
- Providing advice, information and training to staff, other members of the multi-disciplinary support, commissioners and other agencies relevant to autistic spectrum disorders, learning difficulties and other associated conditions.
Key Skills Required
- Active HCPC registration and experience of working with our specific client group.
- Specialist knowledge of SLT assessments and interventions
- Experience of representing speech and language therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency treatment and care
- Dysphagia training is desirable however not essential, funding can be provided to support development in this area.
- Professional supervision
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- There are career development opportunities across the Group.
- Employees can access our internal platform The Hub which offers, employee discounts, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more!
- “One moment in time” which is an extra days annual leave each year for you to use on a day that’s important to you
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Salary Finance options (eg advances on earned pay) and the option to purchase private medical
To be considered for this opportunity please apply online today or contact Dr Helen Hughes, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Regional Clinical Lead email@example.com for more details.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.