Job Title: Senior Residential Care Worker
Salary: £27,568.33 per annum
Location: Oathill Lodge
Hours: 51.92 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, full time
Oathill Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered, independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 8-17 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 7 bedded home, set in a rural location in Oxfordshire offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Oathill Lodge is within commutable distance from Banbury, Charlbury, Kingham, Oxford, Bicester, Aylesbury and other surrounding towns and villages.
Acorn Education and Care Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Who are we looking for?
Oathill Lodge are looking for candidates who can use their interests to engage with the children we work with. If you love boxing, sports, cooking, animals, hair and beauty, orienteering, video games etc. and you are a confident person, who has engaged with challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you. Our children need support workers who are caring and empathetic but also supportive and reliable and who can confidently take control of a challenging situation to show our children and young people they are safe and secure.
Benefits of working for us:
- 20 paid Holiday days, this equates to 3 weeks off 3 times a year- taking into consideration the rota pattern
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Job Summary and Duties:
This role is offered on a full time basis. This role would suit an experienced support worker, or someone looking to start their career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs throughout the shift, managing their routine and any challenging behaviour
- Undertaking a range of domestic duties to include washing, ironing, cleaning, making and preparing breakfast / lunch / dinner.
- Building positive and appropriate working relationships with the young people and using effective strategies to manage behaviour
- Communicating with the wider care team to promote consistency throughout the home
This role is offered on a permanent contract. 7 days on 7 days (Monday to Monday).
Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide You must hold a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience, or transferrable skills to allow working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.