Job Title: Financial Accountant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join Outcomes First Group at our Bolton Office.
About the Role
As the Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for accurate financial and tax accounting across the Group ensuring we are compliant with our monthly and annual obligations.
The role involves working closely with external auditors along with the internal finance team to deliver a high quality audit process, producing statutory accounts and providing support analysis and documentation for compliance.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a qualified accountant/tax accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA) that has demonstrable experience of auditing. You will have strong knowledge of UK GAAP and tax principles with the ability to interpret and apply tax legislation to complex scenarios.
The successful candidate will have advanced Excel and system skills and be in their comfort zone in a fast paced environment with excellent application of technical accounting abilities.
- Assist with the production of statutory accounts for all legal entities;
- Assist with the production of corporation tax calculations and provisions for the statutory accounts; and
- Work closely with the external auditors and internal finance teams to ensure the audit process runs as smoothly as possible in line with a strict timetable;
- File all tax and financial requirements within statutory deadlines.
- Maintenance of finance and tax controls in support of the Senior Accounting Officer requirements.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, National Fostering Group and Options.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer