Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Bolton Office
Salary: £22,000 dependent on experience
Closing Date: 24/09/2021
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
About the Role
Due to ongoing growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our established Accounts team. You will provide professional and flexible support to ensure a smooth running Accounts Payable service.
Working with the Accounts Payable Team Manager you will be responsible for processing invoices, reconciling payments and purchase orders. You will be required to deal with queries from suppliers over the phone and email. It is essential you provide great customer service and escalate issues promptly.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in an office environment. Accounts payable experience is not essential but would be an advantage. A willingness to learn and an aptitude for IT is just as important.
The ideal candidate will work well within a team and have the ability to work to monthly deadlines. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you will be liaising with managers and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Office experience – ideally in an accounts payable environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good time management and organisational skills
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages like Excel and BACS
- Experience on Sage
- Experience on Access
- Accounts payable experience
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- An extra holiday per year for your choice of a special day (birthday, anniversary etc)
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Bike to work scheme
- Access to Shine learning suite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.