Job Role: Young Adult Support Worker - no experience required
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Salary: £22,360 to £23,478 per annum (£10.00 - £10.50 per hour)
We are increasing our salaries! Here at Malvern View we want to ensure we attract the best possible talent to provide the best possible care to our residents and with this in mind we are pleased to announce an increase to our salaries.
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers and are interested in applications from those who are passionate about making a positive impact to the lives of others each day.
We are Options Autism, part of Outcomes First Group certified Great Place to Work for the past 2 years running. For 16 years we’ve been providing specialist care for adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. We currently have opportunities to join us at our services based in Malvern, Worcestershire within travelling distance of Worcester, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham, and Gloucester.
The role of a Support Worker is challenging and rewarding in equal measure and is ideal for those looking for variety where no two days are the same. Your key responsibilities are to ensure the highest standards of care and safeguarding for those entrusted within our care.
The needs of each of our residents vary as such the care we provide is always bespoke to each individual and situation. We are looking for someone who is patient and caring with excellent communications skills and the ability to adjust your approach to the situation in hand. Each day you will be supporting individuals to develop independent life skills, from personal care to daily routines. You will also have the freedom to make each day as fun and fulfilling as possible working with residents to enjoy and explore their hobbies from baking and arts and crafts to outdoor activities such as gardening, camping, and walking.
Everyone who joins us receives a through induction and ongoing training. We have excellent opportunities to progress at Malvern and many of our senior management team started with us as a Support Worker.
Our training includes for example: Safeguarding, Duty of Care, Privacy and Dignity, First Aid training, Health and Safety, Mental Health Awareness and more.
No previous care or healthcare experience is required, many of our team have joined us from other sectors such as Hospitality, Retail, Customer Services, Trades and more.
We are looking for:
- The passion and drive to begin a successful career as a Support Worker within a specialist environment of autism, complex needs and learning disabilities.
- Someone who enjoys variety and can embrace all elements of the role from day-to-day personal care and supporting with complex behaviours to going on adventures and day trips
- You will be someone who has excellent communication skills and can adapt your approach to the situation at hand
- A fantastic team player who enjoys being part of a proactive and caring team environment
- Available and flexible to work on a shift basis
- Local benefits which include: free parking, free meals, every Summer we host a festival for all residents and staff which includes food, music, games and activities.
- Support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more
- An extra days annual leave each year which we call “one moment in time” for you to use on a day that’s important to you
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme where you can save money on bike equipment, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options which include eg advances on your earned pay when you need it the most.
Your new career is just a few steps away
Apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information.
Flexible interview dates and start dates available.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.