Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Join the Options Autism family and build your incredible future whilst helping our vulnerable Children create theirs.
Whether you have previous care experience or are looking to start a new career and have a background in hospitality, the armed forces, outdoor education or other sectors, we have opportunities for everyone.
‘I never had job satisfaction until I worked here’ – Current employee
Role: Adult Support Worker
Salary: £22,276.80 - £22,698.00 per annum (£9.52 - £9.70 per hour)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Banham, Norwich
This home is within commutable distance from Attleborough, Thetford, Norwich, Diss and surrounds.
We are recruiting Adult Support Workers to join our teams within the Norwich area. Your empathy and warmth will enable you to support vulnerable adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and complex needs. This means that the young adults we care for may need support to develop their day-to-day skills, including communication and practical skills. They may also need support to complete their personal care. That’s why we’re looking for calm, conscientious, and kind people who can take care of the daily needs of the young people vital help that can transform their lives!
Part of this exciting and challenging role allows you to chaperone them to appointments and activities such as shopping trips, but you will also need to complete relevant paperwork, undertake household tasks, personal care and where appropriate administer medication.
You’ll play a key role in the smooth-running of the site and you’ll have a good grasp of safeguarding and safety and hygiene. This is a role in which attention to detail really counts – and one that touches the real lives of people every day.
Why join Options Autism?
- We're a values driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our accredited training programmes include diplomas and NVQs
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future
- We create strong communities around our schools, and you’ll be part of an amazing team
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
- Holidays start at 25 days per annum
- Earn £1000 as an employee by referring a friend
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.