Adult Support Worker - Applegate
Job Title: Adult Support Worker
Location: Applegate, Barton Upon Humber, North Lincolnshire
Starting Salary: £9.52- £9.70 per hour - £21,289 - £21,689 per year
Hours: Full Time Days (43 hours per week)
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Days Adult Support Worker for our home, Options Applegate based in Barton upon Humber. Options Applegate is an autism specific transitional service, rated CQC Outstanding, where life-long learning can be developed further, including social and domestic skills, along with community and leisure facility access.
Options Applegate offers high quality accommodation and personalised support to people with autistic spectrum conditions (with or without a formal diagnosis), learning disabilities and complex needs. Working in a residential environment where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, individuals are listened to, respected, and involved in as many decisions as possible. An ideal role for those interested in supporting adults with varied and complex needs. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
Our full-time roles are an average of 43 hours per week (4 shifts on week 1 and 3 shifts on week 2). All roles follow a set two- week rolling rota with every other weekend off. Paid two-week induction programme – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. DBS paid by the company.
Who are we looking for?
We provide an excellent training and induction programme, as such we can consider those with or without previous healthcare experience. Others have successfully joined us from a range of backgrounds such as; retail, hospitality, fitness, nursing, trades industries and more! You’ll be someone who has a passion for care and is willing to train to be qualified in the industry (funded by ourselves). If you’re looking for a rewarding role where you can make a positive difference to the lives of others, and you are patient, empathetic, resilient, and resourceful we would love to hear from you.
Why work for us?
- We are proud to be certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running, a certification based on employee feedback.
- We offer support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications. Should you wish to stay with us beyond the fixed term contract we are happy to review other opportunities available at that time.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Employees have access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
Apply online now or call 01724 733 777 for further information.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.