Young Adult Support Worker
£9.16 - £9.25 per hour, £20,481.76 - £20,683 per year
Full time, Permanent
We currently have an opportunity to join us at our service, Bredon House based in Powick, Worcester. Bredon House is a fantastic service which provides residential care and support to young adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. Previous healthcare industry experience isn’t required as full training is provided.
As a Support Worker every day is different, and activities will be wide and varied. You will be working as part of a close knit, supportive team environment to provide the highest possible standards of care. The role will involve participating in activities such as shopping, supporting college attendance, encouraging and promoting life skills out in the community, days out and day trips, horse riding, swimming, and more. We welcome applications from creative individuals who have ideas to share on how to make each day as fulfilling and varied as possible.
- This is more than just a job, each day you will be enriching the lives of others and making a positive difference
- We offer support to progress your career, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Employees have access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
- “One moment in time” which is an extra days annual leave each year for you to use on a day important to you
To be considered for this opportunity please apply online today or call 01684 312610 for more information.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.